The United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit seeks applications from qualified persons for the position of Deputy Circuit Executive. The Deputy Circuit Executive serves as the second-in-command to the Circuit Executive, exercises management responsibility for the office and provides administrative support to other court offices, the court itself, and the Judicial Council.
JSP 14 – 16; $104,809 - $167,000 (Dependent upon experience, salary, and qualifications). Full benefits package available.
The Deputy Circuit Executive assists the Circuit Executive in matters of court administration, strategic planning, policy analysis, space and facilities planning, training and staff development, budget and finance, information technology, human resources administration, and other functional and technical tasks. This position also provides technical and administrative support to all courts within the Tenth Circuit and the Judicial Council. The Deputy Circuit Executive is responsible for advising the Circuit.
- Graduate degree in a legal- or business-related field.
- Minimum of 6 years progressively responsible professional and administrative experience.
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in administration, management and/or staff supervision or leadership, including experience where the incumbent has gained a solid understanding of, and experience in, organizational planning and development.
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Professional and/or managerial experience in a federal or state court.
- Ability to exercise sound and mature judgment, and work independently.
- Excellent written, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing situations.
Position is open-until-filled – Preference given to resumes received by May 31, 2014.
Two copies of a cover letter, resume, and three references may be hand delivered or mailed to:
United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
Byron White U.S. Courthouse
1823 Stout St., Denver, CO 80257
Attn: Human Resources,
Reference Vacancy #14E04
Applications will not be accepted via fax or email.