Interested individuals and media representatives can register to receive notices in cases of interest in the Tenth Circuit. Registering permits the user to receive public notices of docket activity issued in particular proceedings. You do not need to be an attorney to register for a "public interested person" account.
You may register for an account at: http://www.pacer.gov/reg_ap.html
Please note that registration is not instantaneous. You will receive an email regarding your request as soon as we are able to process it. After your registration has been accepted, follow the steps below to set up notifications.
For help with registration, please contact the PACER Service Center at 800-676-6856 or email@example.com.
Setting Up Notice for Cases of Interest
1. After your account has been accepted, enter your login and password to login to PACER/NextGen.
2. Select "Utilities" from the top menu bar.
3. Select "Notice for Cases of Interest" from the drop-down list.
4. The email address linked to your account appears first in the "Email for Cases of Inerest." If you have a primary and secondary email linked to your account, they will both appear in the drop-down list, and you may choose between them. If you would prefer notices to be sent to a different email account, enter the new email address in the text box. Please note that only one email address can be selected to receive notices.
5. The "Frequency" defaults to the frequency preference linked to your account at registration. You may select the other option by clicking the other radio button. Please note that the "each transaction" option will cause a notice to be sent to you as the entries occur in the case; the "daily summary" option will cause a list of all entries in the case to be sent to you at the end of each day.
6. Enter the appellate case number in the text box and click "Add." As each case number is entered and searched, it is added (if found) to the Selected section. To remove a case from the box, click the red X to the right of the case title. Click "Save" to save your changes.
7. Please note registering will not allow you to review PDF documents free of charge. You will receive notices of all entries, but normal PACER fees will apply if you choose to download any of the pleadings on the docket.
8. If a case is sealed, you will not be able to sign up to receive notices. You will receive a message stating that you are not authorized to access the case if you attempt to add it.